OUR LOCATION

Lets practice some Spanish!!

22 agosto 2011

My experience

“I spent a month at David D'Amore's Spanish-language school in Quepos/Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, in 2010 and found it to be an extremely worthwhile investment of time and money.

I resided with a non-English-speaking couple with whom I related well, recommended and arranged by David's staff, and spent four to six hours daily at the Academy in a totally Spanish-language environment. I also partook of the many activities available at additonal cost in the Quepos area. As a result, I advanced my command of the Spanish-language from advanced beginner to at least moderately fluent.

From a purely business perspective, time spent at David's language school is a wise, cost-effective investment. The staff is personable, the community environment pleasant, and the ability to learn Spanish in a safe, nonthreatening environment very high. I enjoyed the experience, made a number of good friends, and hope to return at some point to advance my command of Spanish even further.

I found David himself to be perfect at what he does - concerned, helpful, and open to new ideas and ways to explore learning opportunities. His staff reflected his leadership style, being always helpful, friendly and responsive to requests. One young man on his staff even took me to his home to meet his family and to show me a nearby waterfall of which he was immensely proud. Once during the trip, I had a conference call in which I had to participate as the result of serving on a major corporate board. David and his staff found and office for me and made it easy for me to participate by telephone in what turned out to be a three-hour meeting (with participants from the UK, the US and me in Costa Rica!).

As a footnote, I should point out that I am quasi-retired and in my 60's, and even though I was with younger persons, I never felt out-of-place or in any way a "second class citizen" because of my age.

As a former university professor, I strongly recommend the Academia de Espanol D'Amore both to younger persons seeking college credit for their study, to persons of all ages who want to enhance their fluency in Spanish, and to older persons who simply want to challenge their minds.” June 22, 2011

Randy Baker
randy.baker@satx.rr.com
Texas

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario