OUR LOCATION

Lets practice some Spanish!!

08 septiembre 2011

A letter to Dama: -"127 degrees in CA"- ask Dave-


My dearest Dama,

How are you? I am fine. I had a strange day today, but I'm fine.

It's been very hot in the Valley where I live. I woke up this morning and it was already 127 degrees. And that's celcius. I went out to my car only to find my tires had melted. And as I tried to figure out what to do, I realized my wheelchair tires had melted as well.

I was going to go inside and call someone to fix my car, but that's when I realized I'd completely dehydrated. I'm not exagerrating at all. I turned into a giant piece of beef jerky - which made it difficult to speak. Then I smelled something sort of strange and realized my hair was on fire. That was when the hotel manager came out with a bucket of water and threw it on me. I screamed out "I'm melting" which I thought was kind of funny (ask Dave) but the manager didn't get it.

I absorbed just enough water to be able to move my arms - only to realize a strange dog was chewing on my leg. Apparently I'm a very flavorful jerky. I no longer have my right leg below the knee. But don't worry, it's just a flesh wound (ask Dave).

By this time it was almost noon and the temperature started to get hot. I was headed inside to cool down a little, as I was beginning to feel a little warm. And that's when I exploded and my entire body went up in flames - a little something called "spomtaneous combustion" (ask Dave). But not to worry, the manager (same guy who threw water on me) had a box of Band Aids and used them to put me back together.

I would tell you about the rest of my day, but that's when things started to get a little weird. I wouldn't want to worry you.

So just know that I'm doing well and I hope you are too.

Miguel

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario